Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where D'ya Wanna Eat?


We don't eat out a lot. We're of the LBYM persuasion, so try to keep those kinds of expenditures to a minimum. For that reason, when I do eat out, I like to go where I can get something delicious that I wouldn't make at home. Feast fits that bill perfectly as quail, skate wing and confit of pork belly are on the menu this month. I don't know about you, but I haven't done a good confit of pork belly in a long time. There are also more common items but something will always be uncommonly good about them.

Feast is located mid-Tucson, Speedway just east of Alvernon in a nondescript building that looks to have been a retail location of the 50s. The building has been beautifully redone inside, my only complaint being that at dinner it can get noisy due to all the hard surfaces. It has that urban vibe but is not impersonal. The chef/owner is always there and usually will make it by your table just to make sure your satisfied.

The menu changes often (monthly?) so I won't go into specific dishes that I've tried, other than to say I've never had anything I didn't like. However, the Feast Grilled Cheese is always on the menu and if you like grilled cheese, try it. I know, I know, what can be so special about grilled cheese? I felt the same way before I tried it but just do it, you won't be disappointed.

The website says Feast take-out because you can. The place actually started with just a few tables and glass cases displaying prepared dishes so people could stop by after work, pick up something and go home to a great meal. It was so popular that it's expanded to several tables and a robust and enthusiastic foodie following
.

Feast also has an extensive wine list.

No comments: