Sunday, February 8, 2009

Old Pima Co Courthouse
I had Jury Duty last week. It was great! A jury was seated by 11:30, I was dismissed and had an afternoon to spend, on my own, in downtown Tucson. The Tucson Museum of Art is about a block from where I parked (discounted due to jury duty) and I knew the Maynard Dixon exhibit was there until February 15, so off I went. It was a wonderful afternoon and if you love Arizona landscapes, go see this show. As I viewed landscape after landscape the Joni Mitchell song Both Sides Now kept popping into my head: It's clouds illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds, at all. That man could surely paint a cloud. If you miss this show, Medicine Man Gallery here in Tucson has a Maynard Dixon Museum.

Yesterday I went to the Tucson Electric Park Gem Show to assist in the economic recovery. All told, I spent about $15 and $5 of that was for food. Not bad for 6 hours of entertainment! My sister-in-law and I try to go together at least one day every year. She's a bellydancer (scroll down to Chaang) and also makes jewelry so she stocks up on supplies. I just go along for the show. My observations from yesterday: it was a good crowd, prices were great and people were spending. We used the Gem Ride shuttle to get to the Tucson Expo center show and it was hassle-free, the drivers were friendly and it gave us a chance to sit and rest our feet after 4 hours of walking and standing. We had such a good time we're going back on Friday!

No comments: